The lovely Michelle nominated Thoughtful Minds United for the Liebster Award, which recognizes new bloggers. We are very grateful for the nomination and some of us contributors have decided to answer the questions that Michelle had set out for us (as per the rules).
1. What is your favourite colour? Why?
Purple – it gives the impression of royalty and significance. It’s in between calming and trustworthy blue, and passionate and loud red – and I think that my personality is in the middle (veering towards the blue side). Also, it looks good with my colouring.
2. If you are given the chance to be someone else, who will it be and why?
There are two options here: a well-known politician so I can find out how they come to such big (and often insane, hair-pulling, teeth-gnashing) decisions, or an unsung, unknown hero living on the outskirts of society. It would be so interesting to get inside Kim Jon Un’s head and actually experience North Korea, but so rewarding to see through the eyes of a Good Samaritan living in poverty.
3. Where is your preferred tourist destination here on earth?
I’ve always always always wanted to visit France. The last two movies I watched, Midnight in Paris and Amélie, renewed that desire. One day!
4. Do you believe in fairy tales and happily ever after? Why?
I believe in the power and magic of fairy tales, and how they can inspire wonder and creativity in people. As for happily ever after, well… it’s not so much a belief as it is a hope for everyone to experience. We all deserve happiness.
5. Past, Present or Future?
Present. As somebody who practices yoga and attempts to meditate, it is so hard to stay in the present moment, which is why I value it so much. And it’s the one moment that matters the most.
6. Who will you choose, the one you love or the one who loves you?
I’m going to assume that I have to pick between two suitors here. The funny thing is that I read that if somebody likes you, it is highly likely you will in turn like that person. Based on that alone, we’re at an impasse haha.
Unless “the one you love” doesn’t love you back, and you don’t love “the one who loves you?” Yikes. I’d rather face unrequited love than break another person’s heart.
7. What or who inspired you to do blogging?
I finally decided to make my writing more public. Before, I would write in my journal and leave it at that. But then I wanted to do more because I love writing so much, and blogging became a natural fit.
8. If you can relate your life to a book, what will it be? Why?
I don’t think there’s a single book out there that would be close to what my life is like right now (mostly because books are so exciting and there’s a clear plot or destination). All I can think of is The Devil Wears Prada. Not for the fashion, but for the shitty yet valuable job post-graduation.
9. What is your favourite food?
This is hard. I know I’d be sick of any food that I would eat every day for the rest of my life. And I love food: Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Italian, Canadian, American, etc. And I love all of the food groups. I do have a sweet tooth, though, and love chocolate, pie, cake, cookies, waffles, etc. So I guess I don’t have one?
10. Love or Money? Why?
Love. I’ve answered this in my 15 Questions Tag post, so I’ll just quote Dumbledore again:
“There is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than the forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that you [Harry Potter] possess in such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all.“
11. Friends or more than friends?
I think I have a solid group of friends, and that’s always growing. So I’ll pick more than friends because I have yet to experience something like that and I bet it would be awesome.
Here are the rules a nominated blogger needs to do in order to accept the Liebster Award:
- Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
I will nominate:
And your questions are:
1. If you could give advice to a crowd of people, what would it be?
2. Why do you write?
3. Night or day?
4. What’s your favourite joke?
5. How do you want to create a positive impact?
6. Is there a movie that means a lot to you and has shaped your life in any way?
7. What is your favourite childhood memory?
8. What is/was your favourite subject in school?
9. Summer or winter?
10. What was the happiest day of your life?
11. Is there somebody you want to thank for anything right now?