It seems as though every social media website that you are a part of does a recap or annual report at the end of every December. WordPress just sent me my report, which was lovely and well put together. Facebook, on the other hand, just placed the photos that I’d posted that had the most likes. And most of those photos weren’t even of me or my loved ones, which was hilarious.
So, I’m going to do my own recap. It’s a bit of a “behind the scenes” post, since I didn’t really document these things here. Anyway, as promised, I’ve listed the highlights from this year – and there are a lot:
- I shared this blog with my friends
- I wrote blog posts every month this year
- I got the push to do the above from Anita Wing Lee, my coach who had helped me so much with my career and mindset towards money, success, happiness, and fulfillment
- I made more big purchases (such as the above) which have been worth it
- Learned how to do EFT/tapping, meditate, and do an intuition reading
- I had 3 jobs, all of which I at least really liked and helped me to grow
- Between the first job this year and the unfulfilling job from 2014, the gap was around 4 months of unemployment and uncertainty
- Between the first and second job this year was a nonexistent unemployment gap
- Between the second and third (current) job this year was a 2 week unemployment gap – such a difference!
- Did a lot of networking – calling, e-mailing, going to events
- Volunteered for a great organization for 6 months and met wonderful people
- Cooked dinner and did the laundry for my family for the first time
- Watched Potted Potter, The Sound of Cracking Bones, Once, and Kinky Boots
- Watched Good Will Hunting, The Fault in Our Stars, Ides of March, Big Hero 6, The Help, Midnight in Paris, Amélie, Into the Woods, The Artist, Romantics Anonymous, Django Unchained, the Star Wars series, Wet Hot American Summer, Jan Austen Book Club, Naruto: The Last, Age of Ultron for the first time
- Watched Pitch Perfect 2, Inside Out, Mockingjay Part 2, and The Force Awakens in the theatre
- Finished Parks and Recreation – 7 seasons of my favourite show. What an amazing workplace comedy that poked fun at politics but also emphasized the importance of being kind and working hard with people you love to do good
- Watched Agent Carter, another great TV show which I will be following
- Read some more books for the first time – not as much as last year, but still felt proud of myself
- Ran my first running race – a 5k
- Painted my nails and put on makeup more often, and overall made self-care more of a priority. This did wonders for my mental health and well-being
- Discovered James Bay, an incredible musician
- Continued with yoga, started running outside more often, and went to the chiropractor a few times
- Went to High Park, Glen Rouge, and Algonquin Park for the first time – beautiful places where I discovered my love of hiking
- Got home super late from a house party for the first time
- Went to a cousin’s wedding and cried. (First time crying at a wedding!)
- Actually dated!
- Got signed Avatar: The Last Airbender comics
- Happy and hopeful for my country’s leadership
So while Facebook didn’t really do a good job with capturing this year’s best moments, that’s okay. They can only do so much with the few photos I had posted. What matters is that 2015 was good to me, and I was in a good place in my life.
Here’s to an incredible 2016! ❤